Friday, September 26, 2008

Project H.O.M.E. Florida by Kathy Peterson Inspired Watch this 5 room makeover on PBS-WXEL on the South Florida Today show!





Hi Everyone!
Kathy Peterson here to show you the bedroom results of Project H.O.M.E. in Florida. And can I just say this was one of the most empowering experiences I've ever had yet one of the biggest challenges having to work with a zero budget, hand-me-down furniture in 5 "very small" rooms and juggling every one's schedule! But believe me----it was soooo worth the effort and time--- even if it did take 3 months to complete.

I was so blessed to work with Maculene, age 20 and Christina, age 19 spending many days together teaching them how to sew, craft, make art, decorate, paint and more. We made all the bed covers, pillows and curtains plus painted and upholstered furniture and painted all the walls, made art and refurbished furniture-------and simply had a marvelous time creating a new look.

The biggest challenge was getting rid of all the clutter, working with a small amount of fabric, keeping things organized in a small space, coordinating schedules and finding hand-me-down furniture that fit the scale of the room. But the result speaks for itself! The small amount of fabric was challenging because we had so much sewing to do in each room but it made me really "get creative" with designing and I think the "patchwork" results are just so fun and cheerful!
I'm so pleased to have been a national coordinator for D.A.N.A.'s Project H.O.M.E. in Florida and to have worked with two incredible young women who stuck with me for 3 months to complete the project and be actively involved in all the decorating endeavors. It was so empowering for me to watch these girls learn new skills and gain more and more confidence every time we worked together.

PBS-WXEL South Florida Today spent an entire afternoon with us this week taping a TV segment that will air on OCTOBER 8th & 10th at 7pm EST. So if you're located in Florida or passing through, please be sure to watch this incredible 5 room makeover reveal!
Enjoy! Kathy Peterson Inspired www.KathyPeterson.com
Questions---contact me at kp@kathypeterson.com

















No comments: